GUIDELINES FOR PROPOSALS TO
The following guidelines are issued to advise those who wish to submit a proposal to host a future ICEM event. The format of previous meetings should be accurately analyzed. Proposals should be submitted to the ICEM Non-Profit Organization (NPO) AdCom Chair with a copy to the Secretary at least three years in advance for consideration by the ICEM AdCom.
All submitted proposals must be supported by a broad presentation demonstrating the fulfillment of the following conditions.
Conditions to host an ICEM event
- Organizers being recognized by the electrical machine community with experience in running conferences.
- Organizers should be supported by at least one ICEM NPO AdCom member.
- Attractive venue with interesting features such as cultural and technological visits.
- Easy access for international travellers with an international airport close by the chosen location.
- Conference centres will be preferred. Do avoid hotels and resorts unless they are specifically designed for hosting conferences.
- A 4 days meeting in the last week of August or the first week of September in even years.
- Modern technical facilities including conference rooms, large space for posters and exhibitors, coffee breaks, welcome reception and gala dinner.
- 500-seat or more theatre for opening/closing ceremonies and plenary sessions.
- Suitable rooms for 4-6 parallel oral sessions and tutorials.
- Range of accommodation for attendees, including high quality and economical options, within easy reach of venue and preferably without the need of long transportation.
- Local and national sponsors, to assist in maintaining low registration fees.
- A regular ICEM event consist in opening and closing ceremonies, invited plenary speakers, tutorials, oral and poster sessions, exhibitions, a student forum and the award ceremony.
- Local organizers will take full financial responsibility for the event (profit or loss) and will sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the ICEM NPO with a mandatory donation inside.
- Meet all conditions to receive the technical co-sponsorship from IEEE societies (IAS, IES, PES) :
- Register the conference on the MCE (https://ieeemce.org/).
- Require papers being in IEEEXplore.
- Accept the IEEE Copyright principle.
- Register to the translator PDFXpress.
- Send the conference presentation to VP Conferences of IAS, IES and PES.
- Register to the IES Conferences Community for submissions and reviews (email@example.com).
- Use the CrossCheck to verify plagiarism issues.
- As a proposal, send the provisional budget (IEEE format), a slide presentation of the event AND a video of the venue.